Hello all, Welcome to the Wayfarers blog, this will be the first post in an on-going attempt to keep you all in the loop about how our games are going and what is happening in each facet of the companies day to day.
It has now been a month since we ran the first game in the ‘Exiled; on the Shores of Carmoa’ System.
We’ve had some lovely feedback, both good and constructive. We’ve taken the negatives and turned them into points that we are going to work on for future games.
Instead of blathering, I’m going to list the areas of the game that are getting updates and how this will affect our player base, the updates to the game are currently in discussion but hopefully you’ll be able to see from what we are intending to address that we are taking what has been said and working with it.
- Player Skills Reset – All players will be asked to do a full on character rebuild for Ex2 taking into consideration the changes made to the Rules / Magic / Skills.
- Mana – Refunding Mana to players in some way shape or form so the mana fonts are not the only way to regain mana
- Mana Fonts – How these work, still a capture the flag style resource or not.
- Rituals / Rites – How these work and how they are moderated. Rule of Cool has been lovely, but this is currently unsustainable and things will get out of hand, we are focusing on getting a balance.
- Buffing, Adapting & Nerfing Spells – We are aware some spells got used in-game more than others. Fortify is one of the many we have our eyes on. All Magic is going to have a bit of a revamp and a good look at.
- Crafting will be slowed down, it will be a more considered process. Maybe adding an amount of crafting that can be undertaken by a single player per day, or adding a “Skill Tree” into the crafting skills.
- Gathering will be streamlined in line with the Mana gathering, we still intend for this to be an in-game process rather than a god desk process.
- Crafters will have a set of Common Recipes and an idea of the attributes of Common Crafting items.
- A dedicated Crafters guild with Demnoli + a second.
- Polearm & 2 Handed being merged into a single skill. Also being made a 3 point pick.
- Shield – Down to 3 point @ point buy.
- Thieves Tools – Pickpocket will now be a skill inside Thieves Tools, only players with the Thieves Tools skill will be able to enact a pickpocket. Within the Thieves Tools Skill Tree, you can learn Lock Picking Rank 2.
- Thieves Tools Rank 2 – We’re not sure if we’re going to make this available at point buy, or if it’s a part of the Thieves Tools skill tree but this will allow for the opening of Mastercrafted locks and slip bindings.
- Refining Poisoner – Is this needed? Can we make it into something cool. Different from Alchemist
- Refine or Remove Tracking – making this a skill that’s useful and less invasive.
- Glass house + Dedicated Religion NPCs added to game.
General Game Updates
- We’ll be refining how we utilize the site. (Yes, that means no more hill unless you want to go up the hill) Obviously we will still be using “That damn hill” for plot and encounters.
- Looking at our Catering situation, trying to find something short order.
- Calls – a list of in-game calls and their effects. This will come in conjunction with the simplified Rules, Magic, Calls and Lore books we are splitting the Guidebook down into.
- Tavern rework / Bordello Rework. – Lighting + Licensing until 2:00am. Tavern will be IC and run by TWC.
- Lots more bag of wounding for surgeons.
- Bag of Divination in the CaraVaan
- More money (Lower denominations)
- Proper game close out.
- More Referees and points of contact for you for different things. Each guild will now have a “Guild Master” and a Second much like The CaraVaan had. (2nd’s for all the Guilds so points of contact are more available, An Archmage in the Royalists)
- More quick and dirty skirmishes Bounty Hunts / Assassinations / Monster Hunts.
- More plot based NPC’s / Refs in the field.
- More availability to pick up and trade items in at the respective guilds.
And a bunch of stuff behind the scenes.
So the question of what that means for our First Event Vets.
Yes – You will still get your two points. Your builds will be allocated those extra points. (There will be changes to the “Doubloon” / “Research Point” options too. Keep an eye out) This is a hard reset on skills, not a hard reset on what you achieved in the first game. Any changes required to certain players items / builds will be discussed individually and the game team will contact you.
Maybe – Some of the crafted items you handed in at event #1 may be slowed or given a longer process to craft. They will not be halted, but they may be given longer process or a mechanical tweak.
No – Please try to refrain from contacting Game Team on their personal Facebook pages about any of these processes, if you have questions, please address them to the page, OR in an E-mail to either myself (Tom@Wearewayfarers.com) or Beth (Beth@Wearewayfarers.com)
Thanks for your time guys and looking forward to seeing you at Ex2