Well… that has taken some time and been painful, but finally, all of the sourcebooks are available to download from the Exiled on the Shores of Carmoa page here on this very website!
Having now released all of our current Sourcebooks for Characters and IC information. We are happy with how it’s finally fallen back into line a bit more with what was initially intended for the game, specialists in their chosen fields working together. It fits better with the lore and allows us more agency with the world and characters. As always I will constantly remind folks who play Carmoa that YOUR SKILL BUY IS NOT YOUR CHARACTER!
Great Roleplay and interaction with the world will always be rewarded, we’re not power gamers in any sense of the matter, so for us seeing great RP and having amazing interactions with our player base is the most crucial thing to us when designing a game, facilitating that is also paramount to us.
We are very stoked for Ex2 now and LARPcon in the next month. But to help navigate some of the changes we have made, here are some patch notes for the Magic Book that we have just released today.
Magic 1.0 Patch Notes
- Changes made to the way mana enters the game
- Definitions of raw and refined mana added
- Alchemy rules for mana added to raw mana description
- Meditate skill refined as a level 3 skill off the main route through the constellation
- Extra mana point buy added as a standard in the casters tree.
- Mana resources balanced
- Aetherical burn and Aetherical madness clarified
- Clarified spellslinger + updated
- Apprenticing updated to suit new skill trees
- Added Attuned magic rank + definition
- Detect magic updated – reduced mana spend, uses clarified
- Divination school perk updated – simulacrum removed, linked fates added
- Occult school perk updated – Livestock changed to 4MP spend
- Decay school perk updated & clarified
- Renamed Witch/Warlock -> Enchanter, clarified enchanting trinkets
- Symbiosis spell updated and clarified.
- Soothing streams – Is a touch spell, concentration clarification added. Duration changed to 30 seconds
- Defined “Concentration” spells and the parameters surrounding them
- Changed time duration and clarification of the Soothing Streams spell
- Changed MP for Lay of the Land to 2MP, gaining 1 hour of Rank 1 tracking
- Changed MP for Mind Muddle to 2MP, clarified use and Self-Cast implemented
- Pact of Tongues clarified.
- Pact of the Revenant – clarification.
- Lower time for Pact of Servitude, added the stipulation that target will react once spell dissipates.
- Changed Pact of Silence to be time-based (1 min) instead of 10m limitation
- Changed MP for A Day in the Life to 2MP
- Stipulation for Divination that not all divinations maybe be 100% factual!
- Reverse becomes 10 sec Concentration spell
- SIMPLIFIED FWF!!!!!
- Changed Erode to 2MP; stipulated touch-based range.
- Changed Blight to 4MP
- Inc. time for Virulence to 30sec, changed to 4MP
- Spell Shield resists Rank 1 & 2 spells
- Changed Stasis to be a defensive self-spell
- Thorns of the Earth reduced to 30 seconds
- Changed Exorcise to 4MP to destroy a lesser target
- Clarified time for Cannibalise & stipulated roleplay requirements
- Updated Visitation: initial fear effect for 30 seconds; incapacitation for 5 minutes after the fact whilst they pull themselves together
- Introduced the Possession Perk
To add to the Magic document that we dropped for everyone yesterday, we wanted to expand on some more of the mechanical changes we made due to player feedback from Ex1.
Mana fonts will no longer be the Water Beads growing, as people didn’t quite know when they were ready and it was all very confusing. (Sorry, It was a great looking idea, but maybe not as workable as I’d hoped)
Instead, there will be allocated times throughout the day (3 times to be exact, one in the morning, one in the evening and one around noon.) at these points mana in its raw form will be available as in-game resource cards from the fonts. They will be available…. IMMEDIATELY. However, they might have some kind of event surrounding the spawn of new mana from the fonts.
Don’t forget tickets are still available for Ex2 here!!!
Hope to see you there! 🙂
Tom & The Wayfarers Team